Pannu Bros Trucking Ltd. located in Abbotsford, BC is looking for 20 Long Haul Truck Drivers to join them ASAP on permanent, full-time basis.
Salary: $23.50 - $25.50/Hourly
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
Positions Available: 20
NOC Group: Truck Drivers (7411)
NOC Job Title: Long Haul Truck Driver
Hours of work: min. 30 to 70 hours a week. Min.5 days per week.
• Minimum High School education and basic English is required.
• Class 1 Driver’s License and air brake endorsement are required.
• Willing to travel across border, for extended periods, overnight and drive as a team.
• Ability to communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using two-way radio, cellular phone.
Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal Record check, Drug Test, Medical Exam and abstract driving record check
• To Transport goods and materials from Abbotsford/Surrey, BC to across North America.
• Oversee different aspects of vehicles g. Functioning of reefer, loading/unloading of materials.
• Operate and drive semi trucks with dry and reefer vans.
• Obtain documentation to transport across US/Canada borders.
• Plan trip logistics and prepare documentation for transportation of goods and record trip details: cargo info; distance travelled; gas consumption.
• Communicate effectively with the dispatcher and others, using electronic devices to receive and send information.
• Submit paperwork (bill of lading) effectively and maintain log books manually and electronically.
• Make sure about properly secured cargo according to safety regulations.
• Inspect overall long haul truck’s lights, tires, turning signals, breaks, cold storage, before starting trips, on the way to the trip and after trip finished and if needed perform emergency roadside repairs.
Hard hat, Steel-toed safety boots, Cellular phone
Willing to travel cross-border, Willing to travel for extended periods, Travel expenses paid by employer, Valid drivers licence, Willing to travel overnight.
Attention to detail, Large workload, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Overtime required, Physically demanding, Sitting
Work Location Information
Remote location, Willing to relocate, Various locations, Relocation costs covered by employer
Effective interpersonal skills, Flexibility, Organized, Reliability, Team player, Excellent written communication, Excellent oral communication
Professionalism in customer service, Address customers complaints or concerns, Mountain driving expertise
Communication Systems Experience
Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment, Trip recorder (on-board computer)
Type of Trucking and Equipment
Straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles), Refrigerated, Tractor-trailer
More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Air Brakes Endorsement, Drivers License (Class 1 or A)
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Youth, seniors, aboriginal peoples and newcomers are encouraged to apply as well.
© 2002 - 2019, Aboriginal Community Career Employment Services Society. All Rights Reserved.
|SITE BY NEWDESIGNNOW|