Company Name : Geng Shi Ji No.1 Restaurant
How To Apply: Please send email to email@example.com
Operation Name: Geng Shi Ji No.1 Restaurant
Work Location: Richmond, BC
Title: Head Chef
Wage: $ 25 CAD /HR
Work Hours: 40 hrs/week
Geng Shi Ji was founded in Hunan,China in 1994, Our business model is utilizing local ingredients to cook fine Chinese dishes in traditional oriental methods according to 24 seasons.
We started Operating officially in Canada since April 2017, it has been running well for 2 years successfully, we are seeking experienced cook & chef to join our team.
The Head Chef oversees all kitchen operations, supervises the staff of the kitchen, participates in the training and development of staff and also provides input for performance appraisals and disciplinary action. The Head Chef manages the kitchen in compliance with all health and safety regulations by ensuring adherence to sanitary and safe food handling guidelines at all times.
- Familiar with traditional Chinese food culture Good at Hunan, Sichuan, Cantonese, or traditional Chinese dishes
- Flexible thinking and creative. Can get inspiration from Western Meal and Japanese Meal
- Create and build menus, develop and recommending recipes, for the use of other staff, to create a consistent and quality food product.
- Ensures consistent food preparation and the highest caliber of food presentation, taking advantage of all opportunities to improve upon both, and ensuring communication to the Food and Beverage Manager / General Manager.
- Supervise and participate in the production and plating of all food service areas, to maintain the best quality food style possible
- Help to raise the standards within the department and bring new concepts forth.
- Seek opportunities to increase food revenue, decrease kitchen expenses and maximize departmental productivity without compromising our guests’ satisfaction.
- Manage employee performance, through training, coaching, or corrective action as required, while ensuring proper, constant, and professional communication to Human Resources.
- Ensure that the morale of the kitchen staff is maintained by practicing positive strategies to motivate staff, encourage self-esteem and efficiency.
- Coaches and provides leadership to all the staff of the kitchen, either directly or through the Sous Chef, ensuring the training and development of staff, providing input for performance, appraisals, and disciplinary action, within the values and guidelines.
- Recruitment, training and development of all kitchen employees.
- Strong and effective communication with all departments.
- Ensure adequate ordering and inventory of food products for the preparation and operation of an efficiently run kitchen.
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of department objectives and to ensure they are met and exceeded.
- Prepare weekly staff schedules, and monitor staffing levels.
- Promote professional work habits, encourage staff to act with integrity and recognize this trait in others and reward them appropriately.
Employment Requirements :
- 5 years of management experience in commercial kitchens
- Completion of Secondary School is required
- Speak Mandarin is an asset
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Newcomers, youth, indigenous persons are welcome to apply