Job Title : Computer and Office Support Specialist
Company Name : Collingwood Neighbourhood House
How To Apply: APPLICATION PROCESS
As per Collingwood Neighbourhood House’s Human Resources Policies and Procedures, all factors being equal, first priority will be given to internal and local applicants.
*This position is funded by the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) Canada Summer Jobs Program and applicants must meet the eligibility requirements listed above.
Submit Cover letter and resumes by Wednesday June 19, 2019
Please quote reference # AD10-19-03
Attention to: Irene Mella
Office and Communications Coordinator
Collingwood Neighbourhood House - 5288 Joyce Street, Vancouver, BC, V5R 6C9
Incomplete applications will not be accepted
- To assist with administrative work for Collingwood Neighbourhood House (CNH)
- To update the CNH Volunteer Database, as well as the CNH Staff Criminal Record Check (CRC) Database.
- To provide support/orientation on the Volunteer and CRC databases.
- To update, maintain and provide other support/orientation related to the CNH Intranet.
- To update and maintain the CNH Equipment Inventory database.
- To assist staff in resolving various IT difficulties through a series of actions.
- To provide technical support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- To assist with website updates (WordPress) and database application in the administrative office of CNH.
- To provide support for CNH Resource Library as needed.
- Any other computer/IT related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Minimum 2+ years IT/technical experience with computer hardware, operating systems, and business applications.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with database application development, including Microsoft Access.
- Expertise in WordPress (including themes, templates and plug-in customization) including 2+ years of experience in PHP and MySQL development.
- Experience in technology product evaluation and selection, including both software and hardware.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to create and deliver technical presentations to staff.
- Ability to multi-task and take on multiple small- and large-scale projects.
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment. International students are not eligible participants.
- Must have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Salary : $15/hour
Schedule : 30 hours/week for 9 weeks
Location : Collingwood Neighbourhood House (5288 Joyce Street, Vancouver)
Expected Start Date : July 02, 2019