Job Title : Vineyard Manager
Company Name : Summerhill Pyramid Winery
Job Location : Kelowna, BC
How To Apply: To those interested please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com subject line “VM 2019”
Summerhill Pyramid Winery, Canada’s largest organic and BC’s only Demeter certified biodynamic vineyard, is looking for a Full-Time Vineyard Manager (NOC 0821)! The right candidate will be an individual with love in their heart and soil under their fingernails. A relationship with the farm and the universe, and a passion for wine are essential qualities. The right candidate will be more than a grape grower, they will be a wine grower. Come join the Organic Revelation.
This is a full-time, permanent position averaging 40+ hours per week.We are offering an annual salary of $55,000 CAD along with accommodation, cellphone, and use of a company vehicle. We offer medical and dental assistance, with eventual full benefit plan enrollment.
- In consultation with both our Winemaker and Biodynamicist, you will plan and manage all aspects of the farming and vineyard management
- Hire, train, and lead a team to ensure fruit quality is beautiful
- Manage to Demeter biodynamic & CFIA organic standards, including record keeping and reporting to certifiers
- Manage on-farm composting
- Manage grape vines and land including soil ecology and ground cover·
- Overseeing all new vineyard establishment, replanting, and inter-planting.
- Responsible for all irrigation, spray, nutrient, canopy management and pruning plans
- In consultation with the Winemaker develop the annual vineyard operating budget.
- Be responsible for day to day routine maintenance of all vineyard equipment
- Organize and undertake hand harvesting of fruit.
- Manage snow removal
- Report weekly, monthly, and yearly progress to Winemaker and Senior management team.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in a Vineyard management/supervisory position. Previous experience in winemaking highly preferred.
- Completion of post-secondary education in Viticulture or similar
- Able to work long and flexible hours
- Able to meet physical demands of the position including lifting up to 50 lbs, standing for long periods of time, working outside in varying weather conditions
- Language in the workplace is English – written and verbal
- Valid driver’s licence
- OSHA First aid and Forklift permit can be an asset.
4870 Chute Lake Road, Kelowna, BC, Canada V1W 4M3
To those interested please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line “VM 2019”