Balwinder Khun Khun (Khun Khun Orchards) 1650 Geen Road, Kelowna, British Columbia, V1P 1C9 requires 2 full-time Farm Supervisors to manage eight locations within Kelowna BC.
2389 Longhill Road, Kelowna BC
3370 Old Vernon Road, Kelowna BC
3375 Dall Road, Kelowna BC
3754 East Kelowna, Kelowna BC
4775 Postill Drive, Kelowna BC
4655 Postill Drive, Kelowna BC
4831 Scotty Creek Road, Kelowna BC
6030 Postill Lake Road, Kelowna BC
2327 Belgo Road, Kelowna, BC
Title: Farm Supervisor
Term of Employment: Full-time, permanent
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Experience: 2 Years to less than 3 years
Education: High school
Work Conditions: Day, Evening, Weekends
Wages: $19.00/hourly, 40 hours per week
Work Site Environment: hot, dusty, noisy, odours
Personal Suitability: Excellent written and oral communication, organized, team player
Area of Specialization: Agricultural crop services
Equipment and Machinery Experience: Sprayer or duster, Tractor, Harvesters
Type of Crops: Cherries, Apples
· Supervises and co-ordinates activities of workers engaged in planting, cultivating and harvesting crops.
· Create work schedules and maintain work record and logs.
· Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
· Ensure all health and safety procedures are being followed by all workers at all times.
· Hire and train new employees and assist workers in their duties as needed .
· Maintain quality control and production records.
· Attend regular meetings.
· Oversee sorting & overall handling of produce to ensure highest possible quality of products.
· Evaluate weather and soil conditions.
· Check if there is need to any fertilizers and pesticides for the farm.
· Extensive experience in harvesting, pruning, weeding & cutting is required for this job position.
Working & Physical Capabilities:
Work in a fast-paced environment, that may be physically demanding with repetitive tasks. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, heavy workloads, combination of sitting, standing, and walking -Attention to detail, Hand-eye coordination - Ability to work in various work environments: wet, damp, strong odours, dust, cold. - Supervise up to 5-10 employees, and handle various situations under pressure as a supervisor
Essential Skills: Read text, numeracy, problem solving, time management and customer relations skills
Youth, first nation, aboriginals, visible minorities, Canadians, indigenous people, veterans of Canadian Armed force and newcomers to Canada with the above listed skills are welcome to apply
© 2002 - 2019, Aboriginal Community Career Employment Services Society. All Rights Reserved.
|SITE BY NEWDESIGNNOW|