S & J Kitchen Cabinets Ltd.
Unit 26 8528 123 Street, Surrey, BC V3W 3V6
Salary: $24.00/Hourly for 35 hours per week
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Cabinetmakers (7272)
NOC Job Title: Cabinetmaker
Job Location(s) Unit 26 8528 123 Street, Surrey, BC V3W 3V6
S & J Kitchen Cabinets Ltd. located at Unit 26 8528 123 Street, Surrey, BC V3W 3V6provides services including custom-made kitchen cabinets, vanities, bars and entertainment units for residential and commercial buildings. We are urgently looking for 1 Cabinetmakers to add into our team.
• Use a variety of woods and laminates to construct and repair wooden cabinets, counter tops, fixtures and related products
• Operate woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointers, mortisers and shapers, and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components
• Study plans, specifications or drawings of articles to be made, or prepare specifications
• Mark outlines or dimensions of parts on wood
• Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit using glue and clamps and reinforce joints using nails, screws or other fasteners
• Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products
• Repair or restyle wooden cabinets, boxes, drawers and related products
• Estimate amount, type and cost of materials required, if asked by management.
• Clean and maintain machinery and tools to ensure a safe working environment
• Attach parts and subassemblies together to form a wooden cabinet using glue, nails, screws, clamps.
• Bores holes for insertion of screws or dowels by hand or using boring machine
• Drives nails or other fasteners into joints at designated places to reinforce joints.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Large workload, Physically demanding, Handling heavy loads, Tight deadlines, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Work Site Environment
Confined spaces, Noisy, Dusty
Judgement, Accurate, Excellent oral communication, Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Client focus, Reliability
Major Work Area
Construction, Renovation, Maintenance and repair
Industrial, Commercial, Residential
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• Completion of a 3-4 year apprenticeship program or 2-3 years of experience in the trade is required.
• Trade certification for cabinetmakers will be an asset, but not necessary.
• Satisfactory level of English is required to read, write and communicate.
As per mutual agreement and BC Employment Standards, 4% Vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period with 10 days of unpaid vacation annually or the option to choose 10 days of paid vacation with no vacation pay on each pay period.
How to apply
Kindly apply with a resume and cover letter only via:
Mail: Unit 26 8528 123 Street, Surrey, BC V3W 3V6
© 2002 - 2019, Aboriginal Community Career Employment Services Society. All Rights Reserved.
|SITE BY NEWDESIGNNOW|