Child-care provider required for a family with two children, 3 and 4 years old. The applicant must be loving, energetic and reliable.
Work location: West Vancouver, British Columbia, at the intersection of Bedora Pl. and Ansell Pl.
- Supervise and care for the children is main priority.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home,
- Prepare children for rest period
- Bathe, dress and feed children,
- Take children to school and activities
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents,
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children,
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development,
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children,
- Tend to emotional well-being of children,
- Perform housekeeping duties for the children
- Assume full responsibility of children and household in parents’ absence.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Completion of the equivalent of the Canadian secondary school education (post-secondary education is an asset)
- At least 6 months of Caregiver training or at least one year of full-time paid experience as a caregiver or in a related field or occupation in the past three years
- First Aid Certificate or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate (or willing to take course upon employment)
- Able to speak, write and read English
- Eligible to receive work permit for Canada
Anticipated Start Date: August, 2019
Employer’s home, Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
Terms of Employment:
- The job is full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Days off: Saturday and Sunday
- Health Care benefits, 2 weeks paid holidays, 30 minutes paid meal break
- Relocation cost paid by the employer
- Wage: $14.50 hourly
- Reference required
- Employer’s name: Dekaye Family.
Position open and available to Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, newcomers, and vulnerable youth. Canadian citizens and Permanent residents are encouraged to apply.