Job Title : Printing Press Operators Supervisor (NOC 7303)
Company Name : Altro Labels
Job Location : North Vancouver
How To Apply: By reaching Atae Naemi by email or by phone at: email@example.com or 604-723-1061
Company’s operating name: Altro Labels
Unit 1 – 839 West 1st Street
North Vancouver, BC
Title of the position: Printing Press Operators Supervisor (NOC 7303)
Job duties: The applicant should have experience and proficiency with daily routine flexographic printing press operations to monitor, supervise and train Printing Press Operators (NOC 7381):
- Support, supervise, and co-ordinate activities and responsibilities of workers who set-up and operate flexographic printing press to print designs or lettering on rolls of flexible plastic film, paper and nonabsorbent stock.
- Train workers on flexographic printing press, safety procedures and company policies, establish methods to meet work schedules/demands, and provide input on hiring and promoting workers.
- Review and approve printing proofs or samples to ensure quality of work meets client specifications and need.
- Resolve work or client issues, provide technical/professional guidance, and recommend measures to improve printing productivity and product quality.
- Requisition materials and supplies including inks and dyes; laminate polyethylene and other sheeting substrates; solvents and lubricants; and mechanical components and spare parts.
- Prepare reports.
- Detailed report on daily total production volume on all printing, slitting, and die-cut stations and presses.
- Detailed weekly reporting on total number of down time for presses, list of major repair tasks, list of repair material along with associated costs and number of labor hours associated with each respectively.
- Report of working hours for each press, optimized jobshop press allocation scheduling and optimization of schedules per shifts.
- Weekly update on inventory lists, including dies, anilox cylinders, flexographic inks, flexographic thin plates and embossing, hot and cold foil stations’ plates.
Terms of employment: Full-time, permanent position
Language of work: English
Wage: $28/hour for 40 hours a week.
Benefits package offered: Extended healthcare and dental coverage.
Location of work:
Unit 1 – 839 West 1st Street, North Vancouver, BC, V7P 1A4.
No remote work is allowed.
- 2 years of supervisory or managerial experience would be an asset.
- 3 years of direct experience in flexographic printing press operation would be an asset
- College or post-secondary education in a related field.
- Experience with the following would be an asset:
- Color management and color separation.
- Trouble shooting flexo-printing press and minimizing press downtime.
- Costs of pressure sensitive adhesive label printing jobs, and minimizing waste on substrate, ink and material.
- Inline and offline finishers from major vendors such as ABG Graphics, CEI, Grafotronic or Prati.
- Prepress operations including flexo-printing plates, die cut TPDs, and anilox and magnetic dies.
- Semi or full-rotary conventional die cutting stations, as well as laser die cutters such as SEI or Spartanics laser cutters.
- Printing software like CERM, Label Maxx, or equivalent software.
- Major flexographic printing presses like MarkAndy or MPS.