Job Title : Long Haul Truck Driver
Company Name : R R Plett Trucking
Job Location : 19675 98 Avenue, Langley, BC, V1M 2X5, Canada
How To Apply: Please include copies of certificates with resumes. It is preferred that your resume and accompanying documentation (MS Word or PDF format) be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest.
Family owned and operated since 1978, RR Plett continues to seek out talented and passionate drivers to join our family. We invest in your success by providing you with the latest technologies and training in your field. We are one of the largest locally owned and operated, most diverse drayage and long haul companies in British Columbia and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come join our success and family as a Long Haul Truck Driver!
- Position: Long Haul Truck Driver (NOC 7511/7411)
- Wage: $24/hour
- Location: Office is located at 19675 98 Avenue, Langley, BC, V1M 2X5, Canada. Transportation throughout Canada.
- Number of Available Positions: Fifteen (15)
- Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent (60 hours a week)
Main Job Duties:
- Operates tractor-trailer to safely and efficiently transport variety of materials across CANADA.
- Responsible for ongoing and effective communication with central dispatcher, customers, and others regarding permits, routes, and fuel stops, giving and receiving information and instructions.
- Responsible for daily completion of all required paperwork such as freight bills, load sheets, log books, etc.
- Responsible for performing pre-trip, inter-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections and adjustments, preventive maintenance, tire chain-ups, brake adjustments, and minor on-road repairs as needed.
- Drive truck to scales.
- 6 months to 1 year verifiable truck driving experience preferred
- Class 1 license and air brake endorsement from ICBC
- English Proficient
- No formal education required
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to providing honest and reliable transportation
- High standards of safety
- Strong knowledge of transportation and long haul truck driving
- After three months from hiring date, medical and dental benefits are offered which are covered 50/50 (split between driver and company)
Please include copies of certificates with resumes. It is preferred that your resume and accompanying documentation (MS Word or PDF format) be emailed to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest.