Assists First Nations communities and First Nations Health Authority (FNHA) staff in planning, organizing, and implementing preventative maintenance programs for health facilities, and performs detailed building condition reports.
* Assists First Nations communities and FNHA staff in planning, organizing, and implementing preventative maintenance programs to provide efficient, effective, and safe work environments for staff working in community health facilities. Performs detailed building condition reports on existing health facilities in First Nations communities.
* Serves as a project manager by developing scope of work, soliciting bids, awarding contracts, monitoring progress of work, and recommending payment approvals.
* Provides emergency repairs to facilities and building maintenance assistance to staff when local tradespersons are not available.
* Provides input into capital planning, budget preparation, and control processes and identifies short- and long-term requirements for construction and maintenance of community health facilities.
* Hires and supervises skilled and unskilled labour required to carry out construction and maintenance projects in First Nations communities.
* Provides information to First Nations political and program leaders regarding processes related to facilities needs assessments, architect selection, design finalization, and construction project management for new health facilities construction and/or major renovations.
* Conducts construction site inspections to ensure environmental assessments are complete, construction design specifications are adhered to, and federal and provincial codes and physical security, safety, and energy conservation standards are met.
* Provides instruction and training to FNHA staff and First Nations employees on proper operation and maintenance of mechanical systems, fire protection systems, emergency generators, and security systems to ensure the maintenance and safety of health facilities.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
* Grade 10, plus completion of a Certificate of Apprenticeship in a Trade Program recognized by Industry Training Association (ITA) in the Province of BC.
* Four (4) years of experience in the field of construction, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Basic knowledge of First Nations traditions and etiquette.
* Knowledge of the theories, techniques, and practices of building trades and computer controlled systems.
* Basic knowledge of inspection methods.
* Knowledge of the principles and methods of construction and system maintenance.
* Knowledge of the principles of drawings, CAD and schematics.
* Knowledge of data retrieval and manipulation techniques.
* Knowledge of technical terminology used in service and operation manuals.
* Knowledge of the care and operation of precision and power tools, and ability to instruct staff in their safe and effective use.
* Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
Employee Class: Temporary
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled