The Senior Specialist, Community Development leads collaborative FNHA partnership supports to innovative community development initiatives and health and wellness planning within First Nations communities and health service organizations. The Senior Specialist facilitates implementation of new FNHA health and wellness planning approaches and training tools and processes, providing expert advice related to community development practices.
* Leads health and wellness planning partnership supports within First Nations communities and health service organizations by developing training tools for health and wellness planning, supports and processes; facilitating the implementation of training tools; planning approaches through cross-organizational cycle of community visits, community development profiles and partnership support, with support from Funding Arrangements and regional teams.
* Supports the Director of Community Development in preparing relevant policies, frameworks, agreements, tools and relevant initiatives.
* Develops and maintains effective working relationships with internal FNHA staff from various departments and all regions, supporting cross-organization working groups and partnerships.
* Develops and maintains effective working relationships with external partners, including Indigenous Services Canada, First Nations Health Directors Association, and First Nations governments, tribal councils, communities and health associations.
* Promotes and maintains partnerships with First Nations communities in support of quality community development and health and wellness planning approaches.
* Provides expert advice related to community development practices to support the development and deliver community and nation health and wellness plans and FNHA approaches to First Nations communities and health service organizations to supporting the planning process.
* Represents the FNHA with various external stakeholders in the form of presentations and reports, including delivery of information on behalf of the organization.
* Liaises with external consultants and other service providers involved in community development or health and wellness planning and ensures standards, quality and timeframes are addressed in all deliverables.
* Supports Director, Community Development on the development of related departmental plans, budget management and resource planning for the Community Development team.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Expertise in community development and/or planning.
* Comprehensive understanding of current BC First Nations health and wellness issues and context.
* Relevant university degree (Master’s preferred) in the areas of Social Sciences, Planning, Health Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Significant, recent, relevant and progressive community development or planning experience (usually acquired over a period of 4-6 years).
* Experience in providing expert advice.
* Experience in directly working with First Nations.
* Experience in developing First Nations health plans or comprehensive community plans is an asset.
Employee Class: Temporary
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled