Main Bodega Inc. dba Bodega on Main
1014 Main Street
Vancouver, B.C. V6A 2W1
Bodega on Main is one of Vancouver s Spanish Tapas Bar and Lounge serving traditional Spanish cuisine from our family recipes. We are currently seeking an experienced Prep Cook to join our team. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Vancouver, B.C.
Duties & Responsibilities
Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment; prepare ingredients to use in cooking such as chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.; cook our meals on menu such as brunch, lunch, dinner and dessert; check food condition consistently while cooking; ensure great presentation for dishes; keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen; ensure all food and other items are stored properly; check quality of ingredients and monitor stock and place order when there are shortages.
• Completion of secondary school;
• Minimum of 1-2 years of commercial cooking experience or equivalent experience, or completion of college or other program in cooking or food safety;
• Ability to multitask under pressure and in a fast-paced environment;
• Attention to detail;
• Excellent customer skills;
• Must be willing to work overtime, if needed;
• English communication (reading, writing, speaking) skills are required;
• Ability to communicate in a second language (such as Spanish), is preferred.
Salary & Benefits
The position pays between $14.00 and $16.00 per hour, based on a 30 hour work week. Shift work will be required – daytime, evening, weekends and/or holidays. Benefits include 4% vacation pay.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.