Job Title : Retail Fishmonger Apprentice
Company Name : New Empire Supermarket Ltd.
Job Location : Unit 111, 4600 No. 3 Road, Richmond, BC
How To Apply: To apply, please send your resume to: NewEmpireMarket@outlook.com
New Empire Supermarket Ltd. (DBA New 2000 Supermarket) is a full-size supermarket located at Empire Centre, Richmond, BC. You will find in our clean, neat and orderly supermarket the essentials of top grade/fresh vegetables, fruits, meat, poultry, live seafood and local as well as imported Asian food and seasoning. We are looking for a Fishmonger Apprentice to provide high-quality seafood and services to our customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, package, weigh, and price seafood products for sale
- Learn to grade and sort fish and seafood
- Trim, fillet and clean various species of seafood upon request
- Ensure all cases and shelves are clean and well-stocked
- Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation of product
- Maintain accurate signage and pricing
- Receive, unload, and put away product delivery
- Follow department procedures for preparing, storing, rotating, and stocking of product.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
Skills and Experience:
- On-the-job training will be provided to learn and master the knife skills required
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Ability to sell proactively
- Commitment to health and safety in the workplace, with the ability to work in a safe and responsible manner
- Must be self-motivated, reliable and able to work independently or in a collaborative team environment
- Willingness and availability to work a variety of shifts, including: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings, Weekends & Holidays
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Comfortable working with seafood (fish, shellfish)
- Standing for extended periods and bending, crouching, kneeling at times
- Adapted to cold environment, noisy, with some strong odours
Salary: $15.00 per hour (40 hours/week), Room for advancement.
Work Location: Unit 111, 4600 No. 3 Road, Richmond, BC V6X 2C2 Canada
To apply, please send your resume to: NewEmpireMarket@outlook.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.