Is this position the growth opportunity and next step that you have been looking for? As a detail oriented and enthusiastic Travel and Events Assistant, you are looking to make a difference and take on more responsibility. You have exceptional organization and time management skills and you are comfortable working in a busy and fast paced environment with ever changing priorities. As a multi-tasker and someone who knows how to meet deadlines, you work well independently and under minimal supervision all the while maintaining the highest standard of professionalism.
In this role, you will support the Travel and Events Unit, ensuring the efficient delivery of administrative tasks in the areas of corporate travel, event participant travel, and event coordination. Your strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with others have prepared you well for this dynamic position.
As Assistant, Travel & Events you will be accountable for a variety of duties which include:
* Provides daily corporate travel services to FNHA employees, including arranging all types of travel.
* Acts as primary contact for a general inbox, receiving and responding to numerous inquiries on a daily basis, routing them appropriately, and assisting in a timely manner.
* Maintains daily correspondence with travel agency vendors, ensuring arrangements are made in accordance with FNHA policies and procedures.
* Completes monthly corporate credit card reconciliation for a large volume of FNHA client and participant travel bookings.
* Maintains and updates vendor lists for hotels, including direct-billing arrangements and discounted rates.
* Assists Travel and Events Unit and FNHA employees with PeopleSoft modules by providing guidance and instructions for completing Travel Authorization, Expense Reports and Requisitions.
* Assists with conducting venue quote processes for events, supports negotiations for agreements to ensure competitive rates and incentives.
* Supports the coordination of all aspects of event facility rentals, including hotel rooming lists, food and beverage menus, audiovisual equipment, and room setup and layout.
* Supports team with event attendee management duties, such as travel itinerary and accommodation reports, using an online registration system.
* Acts as a first point of contact for the first level of event enquiries; escalates complex issues and/or questions to the other team members for response.
* Assists with and maintains event checklists for the Travel and Events Unit.
* Supports finance-related tasks including corporate credit card charges and reconciliation, requisitions and purchase orders, invoice processing.
* Updates, keeps records (paper and electronic), ensures organized and easy retrievals, and distributes relevant correspondences to the appropriate team members.
* Provides support to respective office, including photocopying, preparing and updating documents, ordering office supplies, and other related tasks.
* Provides data entry support when needed.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Your Education and Experience gained in a Administrative environment have prepared you for this great opportunity.
* Completion of a post-secondary program in administration, or an two years of experience in office administration, travel arrangement and event coordination support, or a combination of similar duties.
* Experience in the use of Microsoft Office suite of software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro is an asset.
* Experience using online registration systems, PeopleSoft, SharePoint is an asset.
Employee Class: Permanent
Application Deadline: August 27, 2019 at 4:00pm