1 FARM SUPERVISOR
Employer: Harjinder Sekhon, Chinderpal Kaur Sekhon (Farm)
Work Location: 14586, Colebrook Rd., Surrey, BC V3S 0L2
Title of position: Farm Supervisor
No. of positions: 1
Wages: $19.00/hr for 40 hours per week
Job Type: Full-Time, year-round work
Work Setting: On-farm, Surrey, BC
Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Job Description for the position of Farm Supervisor at Harjinder Sekhon, Chinderpal Kaur Sekhon (Farm)is as:
- Check and monitor for pests such as worms, moths, caterpillars, snails and slugs.
- Watch for poorly drained areas in the field.
- Check and monitor for soil moisture.
- Sample berries from each field to assess fruit rot levels.
- Monitor for weeds and control as needed.
- Coordinate and supervise the work for farm workers.
- Supervise the growing and harvesting operations of the fruits.
- Make work schedules for the farm workers.
- Report quantity of the fruits harvested by weight.
- Train farm workers on farm duties.
- Other general farm duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience requirement:
- Completion of Secondary Education is required.
- Minimum 1 year of farming experience is required.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Heavy lifting required.
- Ability to work long hours, early mornings and on weekends is required.
- Ability to work outdoors in ALL weather conditions is required.