Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 8
NOC Group: Truck Drivers (7411)
NOC Job Title: Driver, Long Haul
Job Number: 574701
Suite 522, 7360-137 Street
Surrey, British Columbia
V3W 1A3 Canada
• Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
• Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
• Input “macros” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process.
• Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers.
• Document and log work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts.
• Report defects, accidents or violations.
• Maneuver truck into loading and unloading positions.
• Collect and verify delivery instructions.
• Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
• Communicate with dispatchers, other drivers and customers.
• Completion of Secondary School is required.
• Experience is an asset, but on the job, training will be provided.
• Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
• Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.).
• Driver License (Class 1 or AZ, Air Brakes Endorsement).
How to Apply
Expiring: November 07, 2019
© 2002 - 2019, Aboriginal Community Career Employment Services Society. All Rights Reserved.
|SITE BY NEWDESIGNNOW|