Rainbow's Nest Child Care in Richmond, BC is currently looking for a permanent full time Early Childhood Educator / Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Assist with proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors
- Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
- May assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records.
Education, skills and experience required:
- Completion of an early childhood education assistant certificate program or post-secondary courses in early childhood education
- Licensing by a provincial association for early childhood educator / Assistant is required
- Some experience in child care or related field is strong asset
- Willing to submit a Criminal Records Check
Language: Oral and written English skills required
Compensation and Benefits: $18.00/hour, 4% paid vacation, 6 days annual sick leave, Extended Health Benefits Plan, Access to free onsite gym.
Work Location: 11331 Twigg Place, Richmond, BC V6V 3C9