Provides a variety of administrative, financial, and program support services.
1. Provides clerical and administrative support, including preparing and processing a variety of correspondence, proofreading documents, screening mail and telephone queries, organizing and maintaining electronic and paper files, distributing information, and maintaining inventory systems.
2. Uses a variety of software including electronic mail, graphics, spreadsheet, and departmental information systems to produce and distribute correspondence, summaries, and/or reports, set up address lists, prepare overhead and/or computer presentations, input financial and other data into relevant data systems, and maintain records and databases.
3. Coordinates and maintains the schedule for the unit and/or direct report, including the review, processing, and screening of all incoming materials and communications. Prioritizes relevant material, monitors deadlines, and responds to requests for information as required.
4. Arranges and schedules workshops, conferences, and meetings. Drafts agendas and prepares and distributes background information, documentation, and materials. Takes minutes of meetings, summarizes information, highlights decisions and commitments, and distributes to participants.
5. Researches, verifies, compiles, consolidates, prepares, and distributes unit or program information and communications for general meetings, working groups, and other requests for information.
6. Communicates with First Nations and health program authorities to provide or obtain information, or to respond to inquiries regarding a unit’s administrative requirements.
7. Makes travel arrangements, clarifies travel expense entitlements, completes documentation, and forwards travel expense claims and invoices to financial staff in order to complete expense claims.
8. Purchases goods and services required by the unit, commits expenditures in departmental financial system, verifies credit card statements and invoices in accordance with financial regulations and procedures, provides appropriate financial coding for payment, inputs into and maintains financial tracking system and records, reviews financial expenditure and control reports, monitors, reconciles, and forecasts operational budgets, and prepares variance reports as required.
9. Organizes, maintains, files, and manages the schedules for funding agreements, including preparing, scanning, and tracking into systems, coordinating additional funding requests, preparing summary reports, and monitoring reporting dates.
10. Inputs required information into database to initiate agreements or contracts, verifies documents are included in submissions, tracks information to confirm processing and expedite program delivery.
11. Assists in the preparation and delivery of training sessions to First Nations communities on the application of booking and/or appointment systems. Provides ongoing operating guidance and support electronically and by telephone.
12. Compiles and maintains address lists, telephone lists, and distribution contact lists for contacts in First Nation communities, regional health authorities, and other stakeholders.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, including completion of one year of post secondary education in Business or Office Administration, plus one (1) year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Employee Class: Temporary
Application Deadline: July 19, 2019 @ 4:00 pm
* Basic knowledge of First Nations communities and issues.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
* Ability to research and analyze information.
* Ability to use a variety of computer applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Knowledge of data entry, manipulation, and retrieval techniques using a variety of computer automated systems and software.
* Physical ability to perform the duties of the position