Job Title : Cabinet maker
Company Name : Azad Custom cabinet
Job Location : North Vancouver
How To Apply: By email :
- Sets up and operates variety of woodworking machines and uses various hand tools to fabricate and repair wooden cabinets and high-grade furniture.
- Construct and assemble cabinet components, making sure that all pieces fit the dimensions specified
- Match materials and grains to create a uniform appearance for all the matching units
- Be exact in measurements and markings so that materials will be used efficiently and the projects will meet budgetary restrictions
- Trims component parts of joints to ensure snug fit, using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files.
- Glues, fits, and clamps parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit, using clamps or clamping machine.
- Drives nails or other fasteners into joints at designated places to reinforce joints.
- May install hardware and cut, shape, and assemble wooden parts to construct frames
- Install the appropriate hardware, such as hinges and handles, and order replacement materials when needed
- Maintain a safe working environment by cleaning and disposing of old materials, such as nails and screws
- Completion of high school
- Several years of work experience in cabinet making