The job duties:
1. Slaughter livestock using stunning devices and knives;
2. Remove skin, excess fats, bruises or other blemishes from carcasses or meat sections;
3. Remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses;
4. Split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling;
5. Cut beef, lamb, veal and goat carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing and packaging;
6. Cut meats for business and personal preparation to sell through distributors, retail stores and wholesale
7. Remove bones from meats.
This position is full time, Mon-Fri. Start times usually begins at 5:30 am or 6:00 am and ends at 2 pm or 2:30 pm. Applicant may be required to work on evening shifts or weekends as per work demand.
Compensation is $22 per hour. 40 hours per week.
Candidate must have the following experience:
- Completion of Secondary school or equivalent preferable;
- At least 1-2 years’ work experience as Industrial Butchers in a slaughterhouse or meat processing facility;
- Ability to use sharp cutting equipment and follow safety protocols;
- Able to coordinate efficiently with other workers in the slaughterhouse to ensure the animal is butchered
© 2002 - 2019, Aboriginal Community Career Employment Services Society. All Rights Reserved.
|SITE BY NEWDESIGNNOW|