As a strategic leader who is exceptionally analytical and detail-focused, you have developed your skills through your contributions to multi-year enterprise projects and solutions in rapid growth companies. You have the ability to see the big picture and provide project oversight, while collaboratively engaging stakeholders and juggling various priority projects. In this newly created role, you will provide senior level support to the CIO, and work collaboratively with IMIT Directors in all IMIT related areas such as strategy developments, digital transformation, technology opportunity assessment, risk mitigation, project and portfolio management. You will bring hands on experience working with leadership in organization wide change and transformational initiatives at FNHA!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaborative Strategic Leadership
* Provides strategic level input to the CIO in the development and implementation of the FNHA Multi-Year Health Plan and Three-Year CEO Strategic Roadmap and ensures that practices are consistent with FNHAs curriculum i.e. 7 Directives, Shared Values, Operating Principles and Leadership Statement.
* Develops relationships with key external health system partners including Provincial Government and Regional Health Authority Director level working groups and technology partners to develop strategies, roadmaps, and frameworks to achieve IMIT and FNHA goals. Increases engagement through collaborative partnership and relationships.
* Demonstrates and provides senior-level leadership in IMIT Change Management to support the implementation of initiatives within FNHA.
* Collaborates with senior leadership to enhances IMIT capabilities and ensure alignment with IMIT strategic and continuous improvement priorities. Develops, maintains, supports and optimizes working relationships with a network of internal and external stakeholders.
IMIT Strategic and Operational Activities
* Provides recommendations to CIO in the development and execution of strategic priorities. Gathers input from IMIT Directors in the development of IMIT strategic plan and roadmap, and ensures consistency in application across IMIT Teams.
* Provides strategic leadership and management direction to staff and contractors assigned to IMIT Digital Strategy programs and projects.
* Provides strategic leadership to the development and review of IMIT policies, executive directives and procedures.
* Provides strategic direction in ensuring that IMIT meets its strategic and continuous improvement objectives.
* Establishes service standards and performance metrics for all areas of IMIT. Performs quality assurance function by monitoring and tracking progress against the defined metrics and standards.
* Establishes frameworks, tracking systems and monitoring processes to support IMIT activities.
Project Management and IT Risk Management
* Partners with the IMIT Directors and FNHA senior leadership to develop long term strategies, plans and concepts supporting the adoption and use of project management services standards and practices, to further support the effective and efficient implementation of the FNHAs IMIT strategic and continuous improvement initiatives.
* Consolidates, identifies, assesses and mitigates risks pertaining to the overall portfolio of IMIT projects, applications and infrastructure.
* Provides direction and ongoing guidance to document, track and monitor risks and technology incidents. Performs gap analysis and establishes action plans to track gaps across FNHA technology.
Core Technology, Applications, Information Management, Information Security, Support Services
* Partners with the IMIT Directors and FNHA senior leadership to provide leadership in establishing frameworks, policies, procedures and methodologies to enable or enhance improved planning, implementation and operation of IMIT capabilities including core technology, applications, information management, information security and support services.
Other Leadership Expectations
* Provides the CIO with reports that inputs into strategic-level decision-making. Reports may include: progress reports, performance and/or outcome measures, organizational risks, staff safety concerns and community crisis response, or other department related matters.
* Manages financial resources as assigned by CIO.
* Works with subordinates, determines and assesses need for additional staff and/or consultants and makes the appropriate recruitments as necessary during project cycle.
* Delegates tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
* Provides strategic advice to other departments in the development of policies, directives and procedures that drives internal operations or external service delivery.
* A university degree with a relevant specialization (Computer Science, Engineering, Health Sciences, Business management / administration, health administration) or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) is considered an asset.
Employee Class: Permanent
Application Deadline: June 21, 2019 at 4:00pm