You are a team player that is a highly organized, detail oriented and a self-motivated professional with a "can-do" attitude that is looking for an opportunity to continue to grow and develop your skills, knowledge and experience in the human resources field. This is an opportunity to learn and strengthen your HR skills and gain valuable HR experience in an evolving and unique ‘first of its kind’ health services organization.
In this newly created role, you will be responsible for supporting the overall HR Governance structure through research, development, and implementation of Human Resources processes. The position provides guidance in development of documentation and participates in development of training materials to stakeholders. By collaborating with various stakeholders, this position ensures accuracy and compliance in processes, manages records management activities, and aligns processes with HR policies and objectives.
* Undertakes formal and informal HR process related research using internal and external resources. Keeps current with new and changes to technology, legislation, and best practices. Participates in HR association events or forums to obtain information through conversations with HR counterparts.
* Applies HR knowledge to develop and implement effective, efficient and compliant HR systems including processes, guidelines and procedures.
* Supports HR policy owners in documenting processes and stakeholders within Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Reviews contents and ensures languages and terms used are appropriate for audience, as well as complies with, and aligns with FNHA values and standards.
* Creates procedural documents, guides, forms, letters, and templates in accordance with current departmental standards and FNHA document conventions.
* Identify gaps in current processes and improvement opportunities and recommends changes to process and documentation such as SOPs, forms, templates, or other related documents.
* Develops records management and version control management process to ensure security, integrity and consistency in documentation. Ensures all inputs and revisions are accounted for, tracked in versions and archived.
* Engages in conversations with HR policy owners to understand policy changes and assess requirements for new process development or current procedural updates. Provides recommendations on how to respond to changes from a process/documentation perspective.
* Collaborates with HR policy owners in developing plans for implementation of new processes or process changes. Reviews and makes recommendations to align timelines and action items.
* Provides input on training requirements for the implementation of process, working with the Manager, HR Governance and Learning and Development team to determine the contents of the education materials and delivery methodology.
* Conducts internal audits by meeting with Stakeholders to obtain information and records, and performs verification under the guidance of the Manager, HR Governance.
* Undertakes planning and coordination of HR Governance programs and initiatives, conducts analyses and assessments, and creates related reports for Manager, HR Governance.
* Identifies and engages with HR subject matter experts or additional stakeholders (i.e. policy owners in other departments) that should be consulted on the process capture or procedural change in collaboration with owners of HR policy and procedure. Initiates conversations to extract knowledge and ensures there is a common understanding of the intent in developing or updating process.
* Attends, facilitates and summarizes meetings, proposes and provides follow-up, drafts briefing notes and supporting documentation.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
* Completion of Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) certification or working towards preferred
Employee Class: Permanent
Application Deadline: June 19, 2019 @ 4:00pm