Home support worker required to take care of a senior lady. The candidate must be mature, honest, independent and reliable. Work location: intersection of Dunster Rd. and Mostar Rd.., Nanaimo, BC. Employer's name: Cherney Family
Job duties :
- Provide personal care and companionship
- Assisting with dressing and grooming
- Providing physical assistance, assist in regular exercise, e.g. walk
- Assist the elderly lady in personal hygiene, like bathing and bowel care
- Accompany the patients to doctor's appointments
- Prepare meals and light housekeeping for the patient
- Assist in activities of daily living.
- Administer medications
Experience and Qualifications :
- Completion of the equivalent of the Canadian secondary school education (post-secondary education is an asset)
- At least six months of Caregiver training or at least one year of full-time paid experience as a caregiver or in a related field or occupation in the past three years
- First Aid Certificate or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate (or willing to take course upon employment)
- Able to speak, write and read English
- Eligible to receive work permit in Canada
Terms of Employment :
- The job is full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Days off: Saturday and Sunday.
- 2 weeks paid holidays, 30 minutes paid meal break
- Relocation cost paid by the employer
- Anticipated Start Date: August, 2019
Wage: $18.50 hourly.
Position open and available to Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, newcomers, and vulnerable youth. Canadian citizens and Permanent residents are encouraged to apply.