Job Title : Printing Press Operators (NOC 7381)
Company Name : Altro Labels
Job Location : North Vancouver
How To Apply: By reaching Atae Naemi by email or phone number at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-723-1061
Company’s operating name: Altro Labels
Unit 1 – 839 West 1st Street
North Vancouver, BC
Title of the position: Printing Press Operators (NOC 7381)
Job duties: The applicant should have experience and proficiency with daily routine flexographic printing press operations including:
- Set-up and operate flexographic printing press to print designs or lettering on rolls of flexible plastic film, paper, and nonabsorbent stock for use in making products, such as plastic, paper, or waxed paper bags, and paper drinking cups.
- Read job order and mount specified rubber plate and printing dies on cylinder, install cylinder on shaft, and secure assembly in bed of press.
- Mix inks or dyes to produce desired colors, and fill dye fonts with prescribed inks or dyes. Move levers to engage dye rolls, adjusting position of cylinder to print two or more colors without overlapping or smearing previously printed area.
- Insert shaft through core of paper or plastic roll, and secure roll on press in feed position. Start press, adjusting speed, tension, and alignment of printing plate as necessary.
- Splice end of roll remaining in press, using tape, and turn hand-wheel to regulate roll tension and feed as directed. Cut sample of printed material from end of printed roll and inspect for imperfections, such as blurred or off-center impressions.
- Clean rubber plate, cylinder, and dye fonts, using solvent, and lubricates press as needed, using grease gun.
- Operate press equipped with laminator attachment to print and laminate polyethylene and other sheeting substrates.
Terms of employment: Full-time, permanent position
Language of work: English
Wage: $26/hour for 40 hours a week.
Benefits package offered: Extended healthcare and dental coverage.
Location of work:
Unit 1 – 839 West 1st Street, North Vancouver, BC, V7P 1A4.
No remote work is allowed.
- Experience in flexographic printing press operation would be an asset.
- College or post-secondary education in a related field, or on-the-job training.
- Experience with the following would be an asset:
- Color management and color separation.
- Trouble shooting flexo-printing press and minimizing press downtime.
- Costs of pressure sensitive adhesive label printing jobs, and minimizing waste on substrate, ink and material.
- Inline and offline finishers from major vendors such as ABG Graphics, CEI, Grafotronic or Prati.
- Prepress operations including flexo-printing plates, die cut TPDs, and anilox and magnetic dies.
- Semi or full-rotary conventional die cutting stations, as well as laser die cutters such as SEI or Spartanics laser cutters.
- Printing software like CERM, Label Maxx, or equivalent software.
- Major flexographic printing presses like MarkAndy or MPS.