Include but not limited to:
1. Assess residents’ needs; plans, implements and evaluates resident care.
2. Ensures focused resident care is provided and resident rights are observed.
3. Liaises with physicians, community agency representatives, families, visitors and
4. Administers prescribed medications and treatments within the limitations of the British
Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP). Monitors and reports changes in
physical and psychological conditions of residents and documents changes in the resident
health record. Notifies family and physician of changes in condition.
5. Active participant in Interdisciplinary Care Conferences. Responsible for development of
initial care plan and revisions as necessary. Implements and evaluates the effectiveness
of plan of care.
6. Maintains all documents according to established standards, regulations, policies and
procedures, ensuring confidentiality is maintained according to Facility policy.
7. Liaises with other disciplines and departments to ensure quality focused resident care.
8. Supervises and assists other care staff. Participates in orientation and ongoing education as required.
9. Assists residents with care, which includes activities of daily living, including bathing,
dressing, feeding, elimination, hair and oral care.
10. Actively participates in facility programs, meetings, committees and educational inservices.
11. Ensures equipment and supplies are stored and maintained according to policy and
procedure and reports unsafe or faulty equipment to appropriate manager.
12. Maintains an up to date knowledge of facility policies and procedures, particularly those
concerning the administration and recording of medications, safety and emergency procedures.
13. Encourages and adheres to a holistic philosophy of wellness, recognizing that each individual is capable of, to varying degrees, making decisions about his/her life and is a partner in the decision-making process.
14. Utilizes the Registered Nurse as a resource for complex situations as per the policy of the
15. Performs other related duties as required
Benefits package offered (if applicable) – Sunlife benefits Class 61X1:
1. Graduate of an approved program for Practical Nurses and holds a current License with the BCCNP as an LPN.
2. Valid First Aid Certificate.
3. Food Safe Level 1 certificate.
4. Recent experience as a practicing LPN, in a long - term care setting that included the distribution of medications; 2 years’ experience preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1.Ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
2.Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with the various individuals involved in providing holistic care in a flexible resident focused environment.
3.Ability to operate related equipment.
4.Must be in good health, physically able to perform repetitive tasks, lift, squat, bend, stand and walk as required to perform the duties of the position.
© 2002 - 2019, Aboriginal Community Career Employment Services Society. All Rights Reserved.
|SITE BY NEWDESIGNNOW|