Job Title: Personal Care Attendant-Home Care
Noc: 6471/4412Diljed Singh
Wages: $18.50 per hour (40 hours/week)
Term of Employment: Full-Time, Permanent
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: 1 to 2- years work experience with Elderly / Senior care attendant required
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Work Site Environment: Non-smoking
Target Audience: Personal care attendant for one Elderly person aged 65+.
Work Setting: Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Bending, crouching, kneeling, combination of sitting, standing, walking, Physically demanding, Sitting, Repetitive tasks, Walking
Work Location: Surrey, BC
• Completion of secondary school
• Minimum 1 year of experience in similar position or Completion of a training program in Elderly care or a related field is required.
• Provide personal care in the absence of family members
• Plan therapeutic diets and menus
• Prepare and serve nutritious meals as per employer's instructions.
• Provide companionship as instructed by employer
• Assist client with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene according to the methods requested by the Employer
• Maintain a healthy environment at home and Administer medications
• Mend clothing and lines
• Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
• Keep records of daily activities and health information.
• Reliable, trustworthy, warm, calm, good interpersonal and communication skills, energetic and comfortable with Elderly person.
• Must have a flexible schedule and be available for early morning, day and evening shifts.
Personal Suitability: Punctuality, Organized, Dependability, Flexibility, Excellent oral communication, Judgement, Reliability, Client focus.
Up to 23 kg (50lbs)
Other Terms: • Optional live-in accommodations available at no charge.
NOTE: • Live-in arrangement is not a condition of employment.
Students, Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada are welcome to apply.