Company Name : Jamjar – Folk Lebanese Food
Job Location : 2290 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC V5N 5P9
How To Apply: To apply, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to our business address 130 – 6851 Elmbridge Way, Richmond, BC, V7C 4N1.
Underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, would be acceptable.
Jamjar – Folk Lebanese Food (http://www.jamjaronthedrive.com/)located in Vancouver BC is seeking Line Cook. It’s a permanent full-time position, $16/hour + gratuities with 4% paid vacation, and 35 - 40 hours/week (day, evening, night, weekend, overtime). Overtimes are paid at 1,5 rate for hours exceeding 40 hours in any given week. Employment location: 2290 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC V5N 5P9.
We offer extended health benefits.
Start date: As soon as possible
Job duties and responsibilities
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes according to company recipes.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to company recipes using various kitchen equipment;
- Wash, cut, chop and peel ingredients;
- Slice vegetables, meats and bread products, and portion them appropriately;
- Precook necessary ingredients as well as pre-assemble dishes and ingredients with appropriate portions;
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food;
- Maintain inventory of food, supplies and equipment;
- Monitor and order supplies as required;
- Ensure all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest qualify;
- Communicate effectively with other kitchen staff;
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices.
- Must have completed high school;
- Must have at least 1.5 year of commercial cooking experience;
- Must be able to multi-task and plan ahead.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision and in a very fast-paced environment;
- Must be able to speak in English;
- Must have a good communication and organization skills.