Permanent Position: Long haul truck driver (acrossNorth America)(NOC: 7411/7511)
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Overtime, Weekend, Day, Night, Evening
Wage rate: $24.00 - $26.00hourly, 50.00 Hours per week. Overtime will be paid after 60 hours.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: #212 – 12830 – 80th Avenue, Surrey, BC V3W 3A8 Canada
Candidates are required to go to various Locations all over North America.
Number of positions available: 5 positions
Education: High School an asset
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Driver's Licence (Class 1 or A) and Air Brake (Z) Endorsement.
Experience: No experience required. We will provide 2 weeks of paid training to eligible candidates.
Languages: Basic Knowledge of English is required
Type of Travel: Long-haul, Provincial/ territorial, International.
Documentation Knowledge: Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation, Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports, Accident or incident reports.
Communication Equipment Experience: Cellular phone, Satellite tracking (GPS) equipment
Weight Handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
1. Operate and Drive Long Haul Trucks all across North America, to deliver goods and materials.
2. Loading and unloading of goods, and ensuring safety and security of cargo.
3. Plan travel schedules and routes, Use atlases and other trip planning aids.
4. Receive and relay information to central dispatcher.
5. Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy.
6. Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment.
7. Perform brake adjustments.
8. Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness.
9. Maintain Log book for each trip.
Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract), Medical exam, Drug test.
Benefits: 25% of relocation expenses will be covered by the employer.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel cross-border, Willing to travel for extended periods, Willing to travel overnight, Willing to travel as two person team, Valid driver's license
Work Location Information: Various locations in North America.
Essential Skills: Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Finding information, Significant use of memory, Continuous learning
Other: Candidate should be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Employer: Trident Roadlines Inc.
Yard Address: 10899 125 Street, Surrey, BC V3V 4Z2
Mail: #212 – 12830 – 80th Avenue, Surrey, BC V3W 3A8 Canada
© 2002 - 2019, Aboriginal Community Career Employment Services Society. All Rights Reserved.
|SITE BY NEWDESIGNNOW|