Job Title : Seniors Shuttle Driver
Company Name : Collingwood Neighbourhood House
How To Apply: Application Process
As per Collingwood Neighbourhood House’s Human Resources Policies and Procedures, all factors being equal, first priority will be given to internal and local applicants. This position is covered by a Collective Agreement with CUPE Local 1936.
POSITION REMAINS OPEN UNTIL FILLED
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO
ATTN: ANNA HOFMARKS
Better at Home Program Coordinator Collingwood Neighbourhood House 5288 Joyce St., Vancouver, B.C Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
#CS06-19-01 INTERNAL/ EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
SENIORS SHUTTLE DRIVER - REGULAR PART-TIME
The Renfrew Collingwood Better at Home program is designed to help seniors live independently in their homes by providing non-medical support services delivered by local non-profit organizations.
The Renfrew Collingwood Better at Home Seniors Shuttle is a door-to-door transportation service that takes seniors in the Renfrew Collingwood area where they’d like to go in the community, such as medical appointments or grocery shopping. The shuttle runs on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 9:00am-3pm. This position is hiring for a Wednesday only driver with the possibility of additional casual hours and an extension to additional regular hours dependent on funding.
Driver’s Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managing shuttle registration and booking process
- Organize efficient driving schedule to minimize wait time and ensure seniors can get where they need to go on time
- Assist seniors in and out of the vehicle, offer to carry bags or any other items they may have
- Ensure safety of riders (i.e. enforce seat belts, no standing while vehicle in motion, provide assistance as needed)
- Inspection of vehicle before use, reporting any problems or issues with the vehicle
- Responsible for vehicle maintenance, and ensuring that vehicle is taken in for necessary repairs and regular tune-ups
- Driving Shuttle for Seniors Wellness Trips and shopping trips once per month in addition to Better at Home role.
Qualifications and Skills: Required:
- Class 4 Drivers license and experience operating passenger buses
- Satisfactory Drivers Abstract and Criminal Record Search
- Previous experience working with seniors
- Efficient time management skills and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Demonstrates cross-cultural communication skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Excellent oral and written English skills and proficient knowledge of computers
- Salary: $17.75- $19.10 per hour
- Schedule start: ASAP, WEDNESDAYS, 9:00 am- 3:00 pm
- Location: 5288 Joyce Street, Vancouver