ShunFeng Seafood Restaurant–Master Chef (NOC 6321)
ShunFeng Seafood Restaurant is located in Parker Place in Richmond, BC. We aim to provide the best services and real Cantonese food for our customers. Whether for a light lunch of award-winning dim sum, a family gathering or even a full wedding banquet, ShunFeng is always your best choice.
We are looking for a full- time and permanent Master Chef to lead all aspects of our Kitchen.
As a Master chef you will be responsible for everything that goes on in our kitchen. Not only will you be required to oversee all dishes from start to finish, you are also tasked with hiring and training employees, meeting health and safety standards and creating new recipes for our restaurant. Working shifts will be assigned in morning, daytime, evening, nighttime, weekend and holiday; may require overtime.
Salary: $17.00/hour, 40 hours/week
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Position available: 1
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: 1425-4380 No 3 Rd, Richmond, BC V6X 3V7 (Urban area)
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities;
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis;
- Consult with clients about the menu of weddings, banquets and specialty functions;
- Prepare and cook food for customers with food allergies or special requests;
- Supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, and kitchen workers;
- Responsible for kitchen staff hiring, training, instructing and evaluating performance;
- Estimate costs and ensure all purchases come within budget;
- Monitor to ensure proper receiving, storage and rotation of food product so as comply with health department standards;
- Write, maintain and update recipes, pictures and product forecasts;
- Liaise with the relevant companies for food orders and kitchen supplies;
- Maintain health and safety standards in the kitchen.
Job Requirements & Qualification:
- Completion of diploma, Cook‘s trade certification or equivalent experience;
- Food Safe Level 2 is preferred;
- Minimum 5 years of Master or Lead chef experience is required;
- Ability to supervise 5-10 people in different areas if responsibility.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Bending, crouching, kneeling.
Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills, Excellent oral communication, Team player, Flexibility, Organized, Dependability, Reliability, Initiative.
Rank of Chefs
Cantonese cuisine, Dim Sum
Eggs and dairy, Cereals, Grains and pulses, Cold kitchen, Vegetables, Fruits, Nuts and mushrooms, Bakery goods and desserts, Stocks, Soups and sauces, Meat, Poultry and game, Fish and seafood.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to
Please note only qualified candidates will be contacted.
© 2002 - 2019, Aboriginal Community Career Employment Services Society. All Rights Reserved.
|SITE BY NEWDESIGNNOW|