We are looking for an experienced Senior Network Administrator to provide strategic and tactical direction in the area of systems for telehealth delivery, with a primary focus on Videoconferencing Systems. The Senior Network Administrator will direct the design, deployment and support of the technical environments required to build and sustain the First Nations Health Authoritys new telehealth network.
This is your chance to be a part our high-functioning Core-Technology team, supporting FNHA offices province wide. While the technical aspect is your specialty, you are also a team player, collaborative by nature and are driven by strategy. If the challenge of providing senior leadership and subject matter technical expertise excites and motivates you, then we would love to hear from you!
* Provide advanced level of specialized expertise in enterprise network infrastructure including independently developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network and video conference devices across FNHA networks
* Ensures full project life cycle planning, monitoring, control and documentation including, but not limited to, development and delivery of progress reports, issue, risk and decision management and escalation, creation of appropriate documents, schedules, presentations and status reports of new network system releases, data communications software, hardware, and end-user network products
* Actively engage in establishing and operationalizing new network and video conference systems, changing network systems configurations, modifying or developing and installing utilities, data communication software and hardware, and end-user network products that are relevant to FNHA
* Conduct detailed analysis of network performance on regular basis to maintain the defined standards, document the findings and recommend upgrades of hardware and/or software to increase network performance
* Establish and implement network security support system by configuring network devices according to FNHA security standards and best practice
* Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders, including vendors, to design, plan and implement the FNHA network and security systems
* Research and identify new technologies that offer business improvements, interface with vendor representatives to evaluate the technology / products and make recommendations to management through detailed cost-benefit analysis concerning acquisition, modification and implementation of hardware and software that will improve the quality and reliability of the networks performance.
* Recommend and implement necessary alterations to FNHA systems based on traffic, usage, coverage studies and industry trends
* Provide inputs and contribute to the development of policies, procedures and guidelines regarding network securities and systems
* Provide mentoring for junior colleagues, such as information gathering, problem requirements and tutoring on gaps of knowledge
* Frequent travel will be required to remote FNHA offices, Health Centres and Nursing stations in First Nation Communities
* Will work and liaise with staff from First Nation Communities and other Regional Health Authorities
* Will be required to work in difficult and variable conditions
* Perform other related duties as assigned
* A university degree in Computer Science, college degree with a technical major or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
* Networking certifications required: Cisco CCNA, CCNP and other network certifications
* Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation
* Significant, recent and relevant experience (10 years or more) in developing, configuring, and managing enterprise networks and video conference systems with diverse solutions from multiple vendors
* Must have experience working with Cisco networking devices, switches, routers, firewall, video conference bridges and wireless.
Employee Class: Permanent
Application Deadline: May 3, 2019 at 4:00pm