RN Clinical Instructor(s)
Health Care Assistant (HCA) Certificate Program
NEC Native Education College is the largest private Aboriginal College in BC, working with First Nations and Aboriginal organizations to deliver programs in locations throughout British Columbia. We strive to combine academic excellence with a strong commitment to First Nations community-based education and the best practices of adult education. We are seeking Clinical Instructors to educate and supervise clinical student placements:
Complex Residential Care –HCA practicum
The clinical part of the HCA program focuses on creating block placement opportunities for students to consolidate and apply previously learned theory/skills gained in class and supervised laboratory within a clinical setting. Students will practice clinical and care-giving procedures with clients/residents under the direct supervision of a clinical instructor. For course descriptions and further information about the HCA Program, please visit our website.
Clinical Instructor Qualifications:
- Current full or non-practicing registration with CLPNBC, CRNBC or CRPNBC
- Minimum two year, full time nursing experience (1 year=1400 hour), including experience working with older adults with complex health needs, experience or orientation in home support and multi-level/complex care.
- Demonstrated ability to teach adult learners (PID diploma equivalent education or previous teaching experience with satisfactory references and student course evaluation.
- Experience in teaching students in a clinical setting
- Excellent verbal, written, and computer communication skills.
- Proven ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of and successful experience with Aboriginal adult instructional methodology is an asset.
Appointment to this position will require a formal criminal record check, the details of which may preclude an offer of employment being finalized. Up-to-date immunizations and TB skin testing are also required. Instructors will be reporting to the HCA Program Manager. Preference will be given to qualified Aboriginal applicants and individuals with former clinical group supervision.
Closing Date: April 24, 2019
Contract Dates: April 29- May 24, 2019
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7am-3pm
Salary: Based on applicant experience and qualifications
Please submit your resume, contact information for three references from related work experience, and a cover letter outlining your interest and detailing how you meet the above qualifications. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Address your application to:
G. Peters, Executive Assistant
NEC Native Education College
285 East 5th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5T 1H2
© 2002 - 2019, Aboriginal Community Career Employment Services Society. All Rights Reserved.
|SITE BY NEWDESIGNNOW|