Under general supervision, provides executive and administrative support, coordination and technical assistance to the Executive Administrator to support the Shared Secretariat team including the First Nations Health Directors Association (FNHDA) and the First Nations Health Council (FNHC). Supports coordination of travel and accommodation requests, assists with logistical planning for meetings, and implements unit work plan activities as identified by the Executive Administrator. Liaises collaboratively with colleagues and works independently with minimal supervision. Contributes to the development and implementation of departmental work plans, systems, processes and procedures essential for effective and efficient operations. Provides secretariat services for a variety of meetings including Council, Board, working committees, and staff meetings.
1. Provides a full range of administrative support, including but, not limited to;
* Answers incoming phone calls and greets visitors, determines the nature and priority of each inquiry, and provides assistance or redirects to the appropriate staff member.
* Provides administrative support to the Executive Administrator in supporting Senior Leadership (including calendar management, call screening, preparation of agendas, meeting packages and materials, travel arrangements), and coordination support for the Shared Secretariat unit.
* Manages the Shared Secretariat Office document tracking system by keeping updated records of finance logs, coordinates incoming and outgoing correspondences, and maintaining secure storage of documents.
* Maintains the SharePoint site and Secretariat Shared Drive.
* Provides administrative/clerical support to the FNHC/FNHDA unit, including preparation of meeting packages, and taking meeting minutes
* Acts as a custodian of the Shared Secretariat Office filing system by maintaining paper records and electronic files, by ensuring that strict confidentiality and FNHA policies and procedures are maintained and adhered to while enabling an efficient process when retrieval by authorized parties.
* Prepares, formats and proofreads a variety of documents and materials such as letters, memoranda, meeting materials, reports, presentation, spreadsheets, etc. from drafts or hand-written notes.
* Arranges travel and accommodation for the Board and Council and their leadership as required, and maintains an updated tracking system while ensuring that all travel claims are up to date and coded.
* Updates and maintains a binder of current administrative systems, processes, procedures and standards such as correspondence, document and correspondence templates, mail and document management, etc.
* Plans and provides logistical coordination for events and meetings.
* Coordinates finance related processes – such as reconciliation and keeping records of P-Cards, invoices, expenses, travel claims, and honorarium.
* Coordinates, prepares, and review purchase requisitions.
* Administers inventory management of office supplies, storage locker, and places orders as required.
* Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all interactions.
* Represents the Executive Administrator when needed, and ensures respectful communication and coordination with staff, FNHC/FNHDA Members.
* Keeps Executive Administrator informed of workload, providing written/verbal updates on a daily basis
* Participate in meetings, note key points and draft minutes to accurately report follow-up actions required;
2. Performs other relevant duties as required
* Post-secondary course work in office administration, plus 2 to 4 years administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience working with BC First Nations Communities and/or organizations
* Experience utilizing a variety of office tools including Microsoft Office Suite, excel, word, power point with an aptitude to embrace mastery of new computer systems and databases
* Experience in the establishment and maintenance of filing systems and file management processes
* Experience in meeting preparation processes and minute taking
* Experience in event planning for events such as meetings, training session, engagement sessions, conferences, etc. that service up to 200 participants
* Experience in handling sensitive confidential information and matters in a trusted and responsible manner
Employee Class: Permanent
Application Deadline: April 23, 2019 at 4:00PM