Employer: BC Safaris LTD.
(room and board included at no cost to employee)
Job Type: Full-Time, Seasonal (40 hours/week)
Language: English required
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): 07/01/2019
End Date of Employment (Approx): 10/29/2019
Minimum Education: Highschool
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 6532
Job Location (s):
Main Base Camp is located at Turnagain Lake, physical work location is east of Dease Lake.
BC Safaris Ltd. has been in the guide outfitting business since 2001, and we have high standards for professionalism, obeying the law, hunting ethics and safety. We have a great deal of respect for the wildlife we hunt and the people we hunt them with. We have the exclusive guiding rights to over 2000 square miles of some of the finest hunting country in North America. Applicants must be loyal, honest, and professional. BC Safaris Ltd. is seeking to hire one Big Game hunting guide for the 2019 season.
Work Site Environment:
Outdoors, rural area
Main Duties include:
• Operate and maintain firearms
• Maintain equipment
• Orienteering and/or survival
• Escort groups on outdoor sport and recreational trips
• Assemble camping gear and supplies
• Advise on specific regulations such as hunting and fishing laws and boating regulations, follow environmental guidelines, and prevent violations
• Plan trips
• Prepare meals
• Set up and take down camp
• Provide outdoor, wilderness, and wildlife instruction
• Prevent legislation violations
• Assist clients/guests with special needs
• Trail riding (horse back)
• Handle and care for livestock (horses)
• Must be comfortable with/have experience with horse handling and riding
• Several years experience (1-2 years)
• CPR certificate preferred, but not required
• First Aid certificate preferred, but not required
• Qualified and passed the BC Assistant Guide License (or ability to pass upon hiring)
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
-We would like to thank everyone for applying, however, due to the volume of applications received only those moving forward to the interview process will be contacted.
-We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group but, as members of ethnic minority groups such as aboriginals, youth and new immigrants are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Selection will be based on merit alone.