We are looking for a detailed, analytical and collaborative Procurement Specialist to join our dynamic Finance team. You have the ability to see the big picture and add immediate value to your business clients. In this role, you will collaboratively work with internal and external clients to provide procurement of goods and services to FNHA employees. This position provides a full range of duties including advice, guidance, and assistance to management and staff regarding contracts management inclusive of procedural requirements and policy interpretation on acquisitions, procurement, contracting and logistics. The Procurement Specialist uses independent judgement in resolution of routine and non-routine responsibilities to ensure high quality client services support.
* Determines the procurement method as per the FNHA Procurement & Contracting Policies and coordinates the selection process.
* Maintains a Pre-Qualified list of vendors by goods and services category to ensure efficient, clear and transparent procurement processes.
* Contacts suppliers for information such as price, delivery dates, quality, suitability, and taxes; selects suppliers, negotiates prices and delivery dates and places orders for a variety of equipment, supplies and services either by telephone, in person or electronically utilizing the computerized purchasing system, the Internet or other computerized software; and maintains related catalogues, files and records.
* Prepares specifications, conditions and legal binding documents for the formal tendering of equipment, supplies and services utilizing word-processing and spreadsheet software and knowledge of the BC Bid process. Understands the risk and legalities regarding contracts.
* Solicits and analyzes quotations from vendors in terms of price, quality and conformity to specifications and negotiates resultant supplies and services contracts and/or places purchase orders via FNHA’s financial system (PeopleSoft) or via a FNHA procurement card and ensures completion.
* Oversees full life cycle for the Agreement. This includes planning, implementing, monitoring, control and documentation of the procurement initiative: development and delivery of analytical reports such as progress, issues, and escalation, schedules, charters and presentations to management teams.
* Performs periodic audits of transactions to ensure compliance with FNHA policies and procedures.
* Provides input into the development of policies and procedures, documentation and training programs by evaluating procedures, identifying opportunities for improved efficiencies, and recommending changes for approval; implements revised policies and procedures and documentation as approved.
* Supports in conducting cost benefit analysis for alternative systems and products.
* Researches and maintains current commodity knowledge for: sources of supply locally, domestically and internationally; economic trends; environmental issues; laws; currency exchanges; technology and areas of standardization and industry development.
* Participates in department meetings and various committees, including arranging meetings, circulating notices and agendas, recording notes and/or minutes of meetings and distributing as required.
* Develops and maintain strong work relationships with First Nation Communities including the provision of timely and accurate responses and communications.
* Provide progress reports to Managers, Directors and Portfolio Leads, contractors, and First Nation communities, to ensure that deadlines and terms of contracts are being met.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
* The requirements for this position would typically be acquired through a degree, plus 4 to 6 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, materials management and contract administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Achievement of a Supply Chain Management Professional designation would be a definite asset.
Employee Class: Permanent
Application Deadline: March 28, 2019 at 4:00pm