We are looking for an experienced System Architect to provide strategic and tactical direction in the area of data management. The System Architect will develop detailed knowledge of the underlying data and data products while managing infrastructure technology products through various stages of their life cycle. This is your change to be a part of our high functioning Core-Technology team, supporting FNHA offices province wide. While the technical aspect is your speciality, you are also a team player, collaborative by nature and are driven by strategy. If the challenge of providing senior leadership and subject matter technical expertise excites and motivates you, then we would love to hear from you!
* Provides leadership, management and direct supervision to a team of Sr. Systems Administrators and Systems Administrators, including selection, coaching, development, performance management and all other people management practices.
* Manages daily operations of FNHA Enterprise systems.
* Leads working groups, task teams and committees composed of program specialists, information management specialists, operations staff and consultants to develop annual technology management plans for Data Centre.
* Leads initiatives and projects for developing and improving security and compliance requirements of network and protected data.
* Leads Disaster Recovery initiative from an infrastructure perspective including documenting, recovery procedures of all critical components Cisco, Nutanix, and F5.
* Acts as a resident expert and provides guidance on projects and operations related to Data Centre and Infrastructure Architecture.
* Collaborates with business leaders to design solutions that meet the FNHA needs, ensures technology is able to meet internal business demands of the FNHA systems, including planning of IT resources and budget requirements, and providing technical expert advice to management based on observation of current and future issues.
* Acts as a subject matter expert on new systems development projects, Data Centre infrastructure technologies, and provides advice on industry best practices by continuously conducting internal and external research and developing knowledge related to Data Center Infrastructure.
* Assesses current Data Centre infrastructure, makes recommendations, and oversees the implementation during various stages of product life cycle, such as introduction of new components, growing current infrastructure, maintaining and ensuring updates, and phasing out products that are no longer needed.
* Identifies opportunities to enhance services and/or reduce operational costs, evaluating and recommending acquisition of alternate products.
* Designs, develops, implements and maintains utilities and layered products designed to support systems management, security reporting; queue management, operations.
* Conducts technical quality assurance audits and post-implementation reviews for projects and maintenance of custom applications, ensuring conformity with user client needs and compatibility with FNHA policies and standards.
* Participates and represents FNHA IMIT at the various Provincial and Regional Health Authority working groups.
* Provides expertise and makes recommendations related to client support, hardware, software and infrastructure standards to ensure service quality and integration into FNHA standards.
* Designs back end support infrastructure for FNHA’s eHealth technology and support strategy.
* Maintains and ensures compliance to change control procedures for Data Centre infrastructure technology upgrades and business application software migrations to ensure a stable, reliable and secure environment is maintained throughout implementation.
* Plans, researches, and analyzes technical server functions as they relate to backups including disaster recovery, business resumption procedures and security compliance; develops recovery procedures and test plans and leads testing.
* Reviews and assesses current infrastructure technology products and liaises with service providers to resolve issues. Keeps updated on new technologies by maintaining relationship with service providers as well as through market research, external studies and technology forums.
* Monitors and reports on the performance and replication of FNHA Data Centres, identifies issues and implement corrective measures to ensure high availability and high levels of performance.
* Manages the operation of a 24-hour support service during peak periods, including assignment of on-call schedules and workload.
* Performs maintenance and upgrades during off-hours, ensure records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained, and applies revisions to host system firmware and networking components.
* Provides technical expertise and liaise with First Nation Communities and other Regional Health Authorities.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* University degree in the field of computer science or management information systems or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
* Senior expert level certifications: MCSE, CCNP, or CCIE
* TOGAF 9
* ITIL Certification
* Holds a valid driver’s license and able to provide drivers’ abstract
* Must have at least 10 years in managing Infrastructure teams.
* Have 10 years’ experience in Infrastructure architecture and Data Centre design.
* Experience with highly complex HCI, Hybrid Cloud infrastructure an asset.
* Experience working on large technical projects in an IM/IT enterprise environment.
* Experience in assessing customer requirements, architectural policy, procedures and standards, and implementing technical and business solutions.
* Experience evaluating technology architecture and new technologies in order to implement new application architecture solutions that satisfy business needs.
* Experience managing diverse environments that includes, Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Cisco Routing, IP Network Technologies, OTV and Video Conferencing, and Hyper converge storage.
* Experience with Security Applications such as LogRhythm and other Syslog SIEM implementations.
* Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools Experience selecting and managing multiple hardware and software vendors.
* Experienced in planning and execution of routine and emergency maintenance and repair.
* Experience with Systems Monitoring with SCCM, SCOM.
* Experience conducting technology, trends, standards and products research.
* Solid track record in prioritizing and executing tasks when under extreme pressure.
* Proven experience identifying, analyzing and resolving system problems.
Employee Class: Permanent
Application Deadline: March 27, 2019 at 4:00pm