Job Title : Early Childhood Educator
Company Name : Eagle View Child Development Centre
Job Location : Squamish, BC
How To Apply: Interested candidates can submit their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Box 459 Brackendale BC V0N1H0.
Eagle View Child Development Centre is looking for Early Childhood Educators. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) year-round position located at our two centres in Squamish, British Columbia. Starting wage is $20/hour with a wage review after 3-month probation and possibleincrease up to $22/hour. Extended benefits package and access to the Employee Wage Enhancement funding grant is available.
Business address: 1568 Eagle Run Drive, Brackendale, British Columbia, V0N1H0.
- Understand and practice all licensing regulations and facility policies, procedures and philosophy;
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, creative, emotional and social development of children, taking into account the needs of children who may require additional support;
- Plan and lead activities through story telling, music, art, play, physical activity and field trips;
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits;
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children;
- Respond to emergencies and ensure immediate care of sick or injured children, prepare incident reports and communicate all incidents to the manager as they occur;
- Ensure all records and files are kept up to date;
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members;
- Collaborate with co-workers and children’s support professionals;
- Observe and report any potential learning difficulties or behavioural problems;
- May plan, organize and implement before and after school care programs for children up to 12 years old;
- May supervise and co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants.
- Valid and active Early Childhood Educator certificate;
- Completion of secondary school;
- Must provide references and be willing to undergo a criminal record check.