Happy May is a licensed group day care for infants and toddlers up to 36 months old. We aim to provide every child a safe, relaxed, fun, hygienic, exploring learning environment. At Happy May, children can learn and develop at their own pace, through exploration, group activities and play.
Happy May Child Care Centre II is now looking for full-time Early Childhood Educator.
Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, and Apprentices are welcome to apply.
Business Address: 170-4751 Garden City Road, Richmond, BC, Canada, V6X 3M7
Title of Position: Early Childhood Educator (NOC 4214)
Position Available: 2
Employment Type: Fulltime, permanent (30-40 hours/week)
Language required: English
Location of work: same as business address
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, taking children to local points of interest and providing opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants.
- BC Early Childhood Educator Certificate is required
- 2 to 3 years of previous experience required
- First Aid Certificate / CPR Certificate is required
- Mature and responsible attitude towards work
- Effective interpersonal skills are required
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to supervise staff and trainees