The Greek by Anatoli is looking for passionate, enthusiastic, hard working and self-motivated Cooks to assist in running our growing restaurant kitchen, and could join immediately.
Location: 1043 Mainland Street, Vancouver, B.C, V6B 5P9
Positions Available: 2 (Two)
Anticipated Start date: As soon as possible
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Work hours: 40 hours/week
Terms: Permanent Full-Time
Job duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to handle a high paced line cooking preferably grill.
- Able to prep various Greek pastries, bread and desserts
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Observes and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
- Able to prep all the Greek dips and other authentic Greek food.
- Supervise the kitchens helpers and schedule their work shifts.
- Weighs, measures and mix ingredients according to company recipes and using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Estimate expected food consumption; procure food from storage or suppliers
Skills and Education:
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Completion of Secondary School