Job Title : Field Investigations Assistant
Company Name : WorkSafeBC
How To Apply: Visit www.worksafebc.com and select Careers to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Do you have experience providing exceptional customer service? We’re seeking a customer-focused individual to receive and respond to province-wide calls from employers, workers, industry, and the general public. As a field investigations assistant in our call centre, you’ll be the first point of contact to receive calls on behalf of our Field Investigations department, responding to and triaging questions or concerns about workplace safety.
What you’ll do
As a field investigations assistant you will:
- Handle incoming phone inquiries on workplace health and safety by probing for information needed to interpret the caller’s inquiry or concern, summarizing caller information, and communicating the information to the appropriate person for action
- Access a variety of databases and software to prioritize, record, and assign caller inquiries by following a specific set of guidelines and procedures outlined by the department
- Provide administrative support to the department, such as typing a variety of correspondence and reports, taking minutes at meetings, and photocopying and distributing materials
- Organize and maintain files, records, and informational materials and generate reports from various databases as required
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Gather relevant information from a variety of sources, including over the phone, in person, and by reading and interpreting information
- Explain information in a professional manner, both orally and in writing
- Organize, prioritize, and manage a high volume, varied workload in an environment that includes changing priorities, time demands, and frequent interruptions
- Build and maintain rapport with a variety of individuals, sometimes in sensitive or difficult circumstances
Your experience and educational background:
- Completion of Grade 12
- A minimum of one year of recent, related work experience in an environment where you provided exceptional customer service, used decision-making skills, and managed high volumes of work
- Experience working in a call centre, or in an environment where you provided information over the phone, is an asset
- Proficient use of MS Word
- Able to type a minimum of 60 words per minute
- Excellent English language skills, including grammar, spelling, and reading comprehension
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases do occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers’ compensation system today and for future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 235,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.