Job Title : Electronic Engineering Technician
Company Name : Technologies Lanka inc.
Position – Electronic Engineering Technician
Number of positions: 1
- Test electronics units, using standard test equipment, and analyze results to evaluate performance and determine need for adjustment.
- Calibrate electrical or electronic equipment and instruments according to technical manuals and written instructions.
- Set up and operate specialized and standard test equipment to diagnose, test and analyze the performance of electrical and electronic components, assemblies and systems.
- Work on the car structure with manual dexterity and strong mechanical skills (including the ability to work with wires, using hand tools and handling small components).
- Assist in inspection, testing, adjusting and evaluation of incoming electrical, electro-mechanical and electronic components and assemblies to ensure conformance with product specifications and tolerances.
- Conduct the installation, commissioning, and operation of electrical and electronic equipment and systems other than aircraft electronics or instruments.
- Fabricate parts, such as coils, terminal boards, and chassis, using bench lathes, drills, or other machine tools.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot linear motors and door lock assemblies.
- Complete wiring of electrical door control systems and panel building.
- Calibrate and modify electronic equipment and product assemblies as required.
- Research equipment and component needs, sources, competitive prices, delivery times and ongoing operational costs.
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, and engineering instructions for assembling electronics units, applying knowledge of electronic theory and components.
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers and field representatives as necessary to procure replacement parts.
- Conduct life tests (burn-ins) on assemblies and record and analyze results.
- Write specifications, schedules and technical reports and control schedules.
- Completion of a college diploma in electrical or electronics engineering technology.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Flexibility to work overtime as required from time to time.
- Knowledge of English is essential.
- In depth knowledge of rail installation.
- Experience with Linear Motor Door Actuator System installation.
- Possess technical knowledge with passenger rail cars.
- Understand electrical schematics and mechanical blueprints.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines.
- The ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
Location of work:
Toronto Maintenance Centre at: 50 Drummond Street, Toronto, ON M8V 1Y7
$28.60 per hour.
Full time permanent.
How to apply:
Please email resume at: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone call please. Due to higher volume, only qualified candidates will be contacted.