Employer: Maan Farms
• 790 McKenzie Rd, Abbotsford, BC ,V2S 7N4
• 890 McKenzie Rd, Abbotsford, BC, V2S 7N4
• 918 McKenzie Rd, Abbotsford, BC, V2S 7N4
• 1136 McKenzie Rd, Abbotsford, BC, V2S 7N5
• 1508 Townline Rd, Abbotsford, BC, V2T 6E1
• 1373 McCallum Rd, Abbotsford, BC V2S 8B2
• 4945 Lefeuvre Rd, Abbotsford, BC V4X 1P9
• 6698 Prest Rd, Chilliwack, BC, V2R 4W4
Title of position: 5 Farm Supervisors
Terms of employment: Full-time, year-round work
Maan Farms is looking for farm supervisors who will perform the following duties:
• Check and monitor for pests such as worms, moths, caterpillars, snails, and slugs.
• Watch for poorly drained areas in the field
• Check and monitor for soil moisture.
• Sample berries from each field to assess fruit rot levels
• Monitor for weeds and control as needed
• Coordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers
• Supervise the growing and harvesting operations of the crops
• Make work schedules for the farm workers
• Report quantity of the crops harvested by weight
• Train general farm workers on farm duties
• Other general farm duties as assigned.
Wages: $ 19.00/hr for 40 hrs per week.
Work setting: On-farm, Abbotsford and Chilliwack, BC
Contact Information: Apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the subject line that you are applying for “Farm Supervisor”
Skills requirement and Experience:
• Completion of Secondary Education is required
• Minimum of 1 year farming experience is required
• Ability to communicate in English
• Heavy lifting required.
• Ability to work long hours, early mornings and weekends are required.
• Ability to work outdoors in ALL weather conditions.