Canadian Rockies Nature tour gift shop is looking for a full-time Retail manager-sales and merchandising.
Location: 3A-1306 Bow Valley Trail Canmore AB T1W1N6
Working hours : 35~40 hours per week, may have to work overtime if needed
Wage : $30~$34 per hour (based on experience)
Job type : Full-time, Permanent
Benefit: 4% of vacation pay (depending on previous experience and training, salaries may vary)
- developing, leading and executing purchasing strategies
- managing budgets, tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- seeking reliable suppliers to provide quality goods at reasonable prices
- determining quantity and timing of deliveries
- monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand and overseeing pricing and stock control
- maintaining statistical and financial records
- Evaluate and improve customer service and respond to customer requests and issues
- maximizing profitability and setting/meeting sales targets, including motivating staff to do so
- ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales
- maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training and appraising
- detail oriented
- excellent organizational and time management skills
- judgement and decision making
- flexibility and adaptability
- excellent communication and active listening skills
- creativity and problem solving
- customer focus
- tracking budget expenses, pricing
- market knowledge
- 3 years of related retail or wholesale sales & purchasing experience at increasing level of responsibility are usually required.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A university degree or college diploma in business or management is an asset.
- Second language skills is an asset.
- conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress or physical discomfort may occur.
- required to work a caring work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This would include working evenings, weekends and public holidays.
Please indicate your status in Canada (e.g. Canadian, PR or Open work permit). Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.