Employer: Decora Tile
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Language: English required
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 7283
NOC Job Title: Tile Layer
Job Location (s):
3205 Quadra Street
Victoria, BC, Canada
Decora Tile has been showing Victoria the best in tile for the past 21 years and are located on corner of Quadra and Tolmie. Decora Tile acquired their present location 10 years ago and the business flourished even more. The owners David and Eric have been running our in-house installation crew who have a well-earned stellar reputation in town. Decora Tile is seeking a Tile Setter installer to assist our busy company.
Main Duties Include:
• Prepare, measure and mark surface to be covered
• Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
• Set tiles in position and apply pressure to affix tiles to base
• Align and straighten tiles
• Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout
• Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
• Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural, and floor designs
• Cut, polish and install marble and granite
• May need to supervise other workers and instruct apprentices (1-2 people)
• Completion of Secondary School
• Experience in the field required (1-2 years)
• Valid driver’s license
• Own safety equipment/gear, steel-toed safety boots, safety goggles/glasses
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
No phone calls please.
-We would like to thank everyone for applying, however, due to the volume of applications received only those moving forward to the interview process will be contacted
-We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group but, as members of ethnic minority groups such as aboriginals, youth and new immigrants are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Selection will be based on merit alone.
© 2002 - 2019, Aboriginal Community Career Employment Services Society. All Rights Reserved.
|SITE BY NEWDESIGNNOW|