We are looking for a detailed, analytical and collaborative Compensation and Benefits Analyst to join our Total Compensation Team. The Analyst will play a central role in the implementation of Total Compensation programs and initiatives. This position will conduct program assessments, market data analysis, job evaluation and program-related trend statistics to support our Total Compensation teams success.
* Performs compensation and benefits related trend and other statistical analysis, reviews and interprets results, and makes recommendations based on findings. Also sets up databases, spreadsheets and other systems to support maintenance of program information.
* Administers job evaluation process in conjunction with the HR Advisory Services team ensuring compliance with established procedures.
* Collaborates to provide support to the HR Advisory Services team with position description documentation, and job evaluations for new and updated positions.
* Addresses issues emerging from job evaluation, which includes taking action on initial stages of job evaluation appeals/grievances, and also providing support for arbitration cases.
* Prepares input to compensation, benefits, pension, and work experience surveys; conducts analysis of survey results and assists with the development of recommendations (e.g. annual salary increases, salary range structure movement, etc.).
* Provides technical guidance to the HR team and other support staff, ensuring that administrative aspects of the compensation and benefits program are carried out accurately and within designated timelines.
* Conducts ad hoc market surveys and prepare management reports in collaboration with Director, Total Compensation.
* Prepares compliance reports for pension and benefit plans in collaboration with Payroll.
* Assists with the implementation/launch of all compensation, benefits and pension related education and contributes to the development of materials.
* Participates in the planning, research, analysis and development of competitive benefit programs and policies, and delivers related services for all FNHA employee groups.
* Analyzes and performs monthly benefit billing reconciliations, working closely with payroll to ensure the accuracy of benefit deductions.
* Co-ordinates payment for benefits billings, including reconciliation and obtaining required approvals.
* Executes scheduled HR reports (bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual & ad hoc) and distributes to stakeholders accordingly; collaborates with Specialists & IIMS team to develop & design new reports.
* Participates in the annual benefit renewal process and enrolment cycles as applicable.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources and achievement of a CCP,CBP or CEBS designation preferred or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* 3-5 years of hands on compensation experience performing compensation & benefits analytics, hourly/salaried merit administration in a union and non-union environment including 2-3 years of progressively responsible experience in analyzing benefit and retirement programs, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employee Class: Permanent
Application Deadline: February 18, 2019 at 4:00pm