You are an experienced HR professional who thrives on building meaningful and sustainable relationships across the organization. You proactively engage with employees as you deliver and implement HR services. You have strong facilitation and collaborative skills and you understand how to effectively respond and resolve sensitive HR issues. In this role, and as a member of the management team of operational partners, you will be accountable for providing a full range of human resources advice and solutions. You will also be the first point of contact for operational partners within assigned client group(s), working closely with the HR team, drawing on the expertise of both internal and external subject matter experts to facilitate effective implementation of HR plans and initiatives in a seamless service delivery model. You will effectively visualize and convey a "big picture" of HR and how it is relevant to the business and operations. You are a true business partner who shares the responsibility for business goals and target delivery through alignment of HR practices and business strategies. You are looking for an exciting opportunity to be a critical HR business partner and high impact contributor as part of a rapidly evolving and unique ‘first of its kind’ health services organization.
* Collaborates with the Director in the development of strategic and operational plans and programs within the HR consulting service delivery model and framework.
* Acts as "business partner" in the provision of strategic and operational HR consulting services to senior business leaders, management teams and staff within designated client group(s). Develops an in-depth understanding of client business strategies and objectives. Establishes and receives endorsement on service delivery agreements that support each client group’s unique business requirements, and provides a single point of contact between clients and the Human Resources portfolio.
* Collaborates with client leaders to assess HR requirements in the context of short and long term business strategies, and develops plans and tactics accordingly.
* Provides strategic HR coaching, advice and interpretations to executives and managers on a wide range of HR topics and issues. Develops action plans and solutions, ensuring compliance with policies, collective agreements, and regulatory requirements. Also applies judgment to the unique variables of situations that do not fall clearly within the policy.
* Maintains ongoing awareness to identify emerging HR issues or critical situations within client areas, and initiates corrective action and/or alerts Director, with recommendations to avoid further escalation.
* Continuously assesses HR policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvements to optimize a streamlined, integrated and consistent service delivery model. Leverages findings from day-to-day application to identify gaps and issues in current practices.
* Collaborates with other HR Consultants in the department, and with a multi-disciplinary team of HR specialists, engaging in collaborative information sharing, problem solving, and decision-making in the context of a seamless service delivery model.
* Engages HR program specialists and external subject matter experts at appropriate intervals to address client requirements. Takes the lead on projects that may require a multi-disciplinary approach, including all related planning, scheduling, and coordination of HR program specialists and their deliverables.
* Supports growth, innovation and change by participating in HR projects and initiatives related to HR strategies and achievement of broader FNHA goals and objectives. Also participates on various committees and work teams within client groups, ensuring the HR perspective is an integral aspect of business planning and initiatives.
* Coaches and mentors HR Associates, including providing input into selection, development, and performance management.
* Establish on-going communications and foster collaboration with HR management team to synergize and share best practices, identifying learning opportunities
Education & Experience
* The requirements for this position would typically be acquired through a degree in human resources, and achievement of a CHRP designation, plus 5 to 7 years related experience involving application of advanced HR expertise to the resolution of complex people and organizational issues, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Advanced knowledge of the concepts, practices, methods and techniques pertaining to the human resources field, including knowledge of specialized disciplines, such as employee relations, recruitment, compensation, benefits, learning & development, and organizational culture
* Advanced communication and interpersonal skills to build client relationships and provide strategic advice and coaching to executives, managers and staff on a wide range of HR topics and issues; and to participate on projects, initiatives, committees and work groups
* Planning skills to translate strategies into workable plans and tactics; and to take the lead on projects and assignments to address clients’ HR requirements
* Solid analytical skills to assess client group strategies and plans, and to establish HR requirements
* Solid problem solving skills to provide strategic advice, coaching and interpretations to the executive, managers and staff on a wide range of HR topics and issues; and to build consensus and establish buy-in while aligning HR practice with business requirements
* Solid leadership skills to take the lead on projects and assignments to address clients’ HR requirements
Employee Class: Temporary
Application Deadline: February 15, 2019 at 4:00pm