We are looking for a Chef to be the second in command in our kitchen, following our Executive Chef’s specifications and guidelines.
This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week. We are offering $16.25 - $21.00 per hour, depending on experience plus 4% in lieu of benefits.
The successful candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
- Help in the preparation and design of all food features
- Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Manage and train kitchen staff and assess staff’s performance
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- 2+ years of experience as a Chef or experience as a cook with demonstrated supervisory skills
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
Restaurant & Work Location:
3980 Fraser Street
Vancouver, BC, V5V4E4