Are you an expert at analyzing data and finding insights in complex data sets? If you can thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, where you will play a key role in supporting strategic priorities for the health and wellness of BC First Nations, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
In this role, you will plan and implement projects as well as perform leading-edge data analytics that support effective service delivery. You will interface with management, health professionals and program resources to develop models, reports, scripts and decision support tools. You will also provide technical expertise and act as a mentor to other team members.
1. Leads data analytics projects in designing and performing experiments / hypothesis testing to predictive future results and outcomes relating to prediction of complex issues such as future service demand, budget forecasting, identification of potential fraud, and/or health risks among benefit claimants.
2. Collaborates with health professionals, program leaders and management to analyze large, complex health and wellness datasets and makes recommendations using data analytics model to inform FNHA strategic papers, proposals and briefing notes.
3. Collaborates with stakeholders to design and implement departmental performance measures supporting Health Benefits’ strategic priorities.
4. Prepares and presents complex datasets, analytical reports and cost analyses (both descriptive and predictive) to management, program experts and health and wellness system partners.
5. Works with internal and external partners for data identification, data analysis, data reporting and to develop workflow and process maps
6. Develops, recommends and implements procedures and guidelines on data quality audits and investigations to assess data sources, identifying opportunities and gaps.
7. Develops advanced/interactive data visualizations using Tableau and R in order to communicate complex concepts visually.
8. Develops, plans, monitors, and leads the designs and implementation of analytical models using regression, classification and other algorithms to support quantitative program analysis, health measurement and service delivery.
9. Develops, tests and implements forecasting models to identify and predict future trends in benefit utilization.
10. Writes scripts using SQL, Datawatch, R, Python, and other tools to automate data cleansing and analysis from diverse data sources, including SQL data warehouse, text data files, and web data.
11. Presents data and findings in a variety of means, including but not limited to, charts, graphs, interactive dashboards, and written reports.
12. Assists in the identification of requirements for Health Benefits information systems and other data resources in order to increase the overall team’s analytic and reporting capacity.
13. Liaises with business intelligence / data warehouse team members who manage the data warehouse, identifying requirements and opportunities for improved performance, productivity and functionality.
14. Ensures that data analysis is completed in compliance with data privacy policies and best practices.
15. Leads the adoption of analytical best practices, new analytical tools and technologies.
16. Leads by example, providing guidance and mentorship to data analyst team members.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Health Informatics, Operations Research or a relevant field of study, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Recognized data science certification or equivalent.
* 5-7 years of significant, recent and relevant experience leading complex analytical work, preferable in healthcare, using scripting languages and query languages.
* Experience with predictive modelling (usually acquired over a period of 3+ years’ - experience gained in professional, academic and data science competitions will be considered).
* Hands-on experience with analytical models, methods and techniques, such as linear regression, logistic regression, association rules data mining, ARIMA time series analysis, decision trees, random forests and support vector machine.
* Experience with data visualization and dashboard design software such as Tableau, Power BI.
* Experience with business intelligence, data warehouse technologies, with strong SQL skills.
* Demonstrated experience in the use of analytical / statistical software such as SQL, Datawatch, R and Python. Advanced R scripting skills are a requirement.
* Experience analyzing financial data.
* Mastery in MS Excel; able to perform pivot tables, pivot charts, and advanced functions in MS Excel.
* Experience in working with First Nations is an asset
Employee Class: Permanent
Application Deadline: January 27, 2019 at 4:00 pm