Job Title : Restaurant Manager
Company Name : Ki'bok Churros and Coffee House
How To Apply: email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
no phone calls please.
Employer: Ki’bok Churros and Coffee House
Salary: $21.75 /hour
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent (30 hours per week)
Language: English required
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: n/a
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: 0631
NOC Job Title: Restaurant Manager
Job Location (s)
482 West Ave, Kelowna, BC
Ki'bok is proud to create authentic flavors of Mexico. Sourced from family recipes, our fresh and hand-crafted salsas, tortillas, “antojitos mexicanos”, quesadillas, tacos, artisan coffees, teas and our delicious crunchy churros are all made in house to delight all ages. Ki’bok has created a menu that is certain to set a new standard for healthy & fresh food. All dishes are prepared from scratch with high-quality ingredients from top local and Mexican providers and producers with recipes based on the incredible fare found in Mexico: hand crafted specialty.
Ki’bok is looking for a restaurant manager who can efficiently assist in the daily operations of our business.
Main Duties include:
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate the operations of our restaurant, taqueria, and catering
- Determine type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures
- Recruit staff and oversee staff training; this also includes on-going training- this requires the manager to identify opportunities and situations where this is required
- Work closely with kitchen staff, dishwashing team, service members, bartenders, and host staff. This also enables managers of operations to role-model best practices and behaviours for employees throughout the restaurant
- Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance
- Control inventory, monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices
- Resolve customer complaints and ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies
- Negotiate arrangements with clients for catering or use of facilities for banquets, receptions, and special events
- Work closely with guests on a daily basis. This position requires the handling of all guest complaints, working with the staff to ensure that guests have an enjoyable experience.
- Take suggestions from guests and analyze trends in preferences for making changes or improvements in particular areas of the restaurant
- Implement financial control of the business – budgets, explanation of extraordinary expenses, payroll, payables, taxes, and accounting
- Continuously improve operations and logistics to improve the financial viability of the restaurant
- Work with Latin American Suppliers of key ingredients including coffee, chiles, spices, etc.
- Work with importers from Latin American Countries in Vancouver, Montreal, and Toronto.
- Basic knowledge of Spanish preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Latin American cuisine preferred, but not required as employer will train
- Several years’ experience in the field of food service operations
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
No phone calls please.
-We would like to thank everyone for applying, however, due to the volume of applications received only those moving forward to the interview process will be contacted.
-We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group but, as members of ethnic minority groups such as aboriginals, youth and new immigrants are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Selection will be based on merit alone.