Employer: Sangha Farm LTD.
Work location: 34211 Hallert Rd., Abbotsford, BC V3P 1P9
Title of position: 3 Farm Supervisors
Terms of employment: Full-time, year-round work
Sangha Farm Ltd. is looking for farm supervisors who will perform the following duties:
• Check and monitor for pests such as worms, moths, caterpillars, snails, and slugs.
• Watch for poorly drained areas in the field
• Check and monitor for soil moisture.
• Sample berries from each field to assess fruit rot levels
• Monitor for weeds and control as needed
• Coordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers
• Supervise the growing and harvesting operations of the fruits
• Make work schedules for the farm workers
• Report quantity of the fruits harvested by weight
• Train general farm workers on farm duties
• Other general farm duties as assigned.
Wages: $ 19.00/hr for 40 hrs per week.
Work setting: On-farm, Abbotsford, BC
Contact Information: Apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the subject line that you are applying for “Farm Supervisor”
Skills requirement and Experience:
• Completion of Secondary Education is required
• Minimum of 1 year farming experience is required
• Ability to communicate in English
• Heavy lifting required.
• Ability to work long hours, early mornings and weekends are required.
• Ability to work outdoors in ALL weather conditions.